Saturday, January 30, 2010

So I changed things again...

The previous setup I had here was kind of dark and depressing. So I changed it to be happier.

I've finally figured out what I can post here that I think I will keep me posting more regularly. Its going to be status updates on all the various projects I am working on around the house and whatever.

Here's the list of projects I have going right now (not in order):

  1. Make a chainmail vest. Jaimie inspired me to do this. I am making it the same way he is, except I am using a little bigger rings.
  2. Fix the steps going up the hillside in my backyard. The stairs go about half way up now before it gets to the part where it's all destroyed and stuff. Near the top is a nice clear area that I can setup some solar panels.
  3. Fix the drywall damage in one of my spare bedrooms, and paint it too. I have to put in a new 4ft x 5ft section of the ceiling, and repair some of the joint tape stuff.
  4. Clean out all the crap in garage that is blocking the way to my workbench. This will help with all the other projects since I will have my workbench and also room to saw and drill and stuff.
  5. Work on my robot kits that I got from Parallax. I am using several different sensors to get the Stingray robot driving around my house avoiding bumping into things and doing crude mapping (I'm going to use XBee modules to communicate data back to a computer.) I also have a bigger robot in the works using the Parallax wooden platform base and various Parallax parts. It's sort of a kit, but I'll have to do my own wiring and also figure out how to mount some of the parts myself.
  6. I have one of these: PSB and I am going to program it to be a programmable universal remote control for my tv, consoles, and stuff. Kind of like one of those fancy Logitech Harmony remotes.
  7. Go through all the stuff in this book: Make: Electronics
Later tonight I'll post an update on the chainmail vest, and tomorrow night I'll post an update on the steps in the backyard.  Hopefully I can keep this up. I think it'll help me get things done more.

No comments: